Understanding what and why you need caregivers is one task. It can also be a daunting task to choose the best care for your loved ones. There are many factors that go into the decision and CareBuilders at Home wants to make sure you are prepared for the task. Below you will find a list of things we think everyone should consider when they are looking at different options for in-home care.
- Learn the difference between an agency and hiring private caregivers. When you hire an agency, you can rest assured that you will always have care. It can be difficult to find a caregiver on your own in short notice, so in the unfortunate event that your first choice caregiver is not available, most agencies will make sure another qualified caregiver arrives at your home in a timely matter. Additionally, if your family chooses to look for a caregiver without the assistance of an agency, you will be responsible for employee benefits, payroll, taxes, background checks, and other things. If you go through a qualified agency, they will take care of these things for you. One downside to using agencies is that they can be more expensive than private providers. However, with CareBuilders at Home, that is rarely the case. We pride ourselves in offering the highest quality care at the most affordable price.
- Do research on the company background. It is important to compare several different caregiving agencies before choosing the one that is right for you. This will help you make an informed decision and feel confident that your choice is the best one for your family’s individual needs. When you are doing your in-home care research, make sure to find out if the company has been involved in the community for a while and if they are good corporate citizens. Additionally, see if they have positive reviews online and ask your friends if they have any experience with the provider.
- Ask the provider how they train and vet their employees. Make sure that all employees are background checked and certified in the correct areas to serve your family’s needs.
- Ask the provider if their services include a plan of care and frequent check ins. A good provider will have regular meetings with you to assess your family’s needs and make adjustments as necessary.
- Make sure the service assigns supervisors to ensure that patients are receiving quality care at all times. One of the biggest benefits of choosing an agency is the peace of mind knowing that someone responsible and trustworthy is protecting your family and giving them quality care.
- Make sure that in the event something goes wrong, the provider will be available to help you. When signing up for services ask what steps are taken to ensure problems are remedied quickly. Also ask if you can replace the caregiver in the event you are unhappy with them.
- Finally, find out if the provider is transparent in providing all financial information regarding what you will pay for care and any fees associated with care. It is a good sign if they are willing to have an open and honest conversation about the cost of care. At CareBuilders at Home, we believe in putting your needs above all else. We are open and transparent about all the costs involved, since care should never be a financial burden for families who simply need help making sure their loved ones age with ease.